Bergen County Prosecutor arrests 21 people in child pornography investigation April 24, 2009Posted by jefhenningeresq in News.
Tags: child pornography, Crime, distribution of child pornography, Law, New Jersey, News, possession of child pornography
16 adults and 5 juveniles were arrested for the alleged possession and/or distribution of child pornography. Police from Passaic, Union, Sussex and Morris counties, along with State police and the New Jersey Attorney General’s office assisted in the investigation and arrests.
The defendants include:
– Joseph Ponsi, 63, who retired in 2004 after 30 years as a guidance counselor for the Palisades Park junior and senior high schools.
– William DeMarzo, 48, a member of the Old Tappan planning board
– Anthony Engstrom, 20, a dispatcher for Maywood Police department
– Max Weinstein, 18, Edgewater
– Anthony Luciano, 23, Park Ridge
– Ronnie Franklin, 31, Hackensack
– Ramon Cruz, 36, Bergenfield
– Daniel Borjas, 31, North Arlington
– Chris Bohan, 29, Paramus
– Daniel Berardo, 18, Cresskill
– Marc Serkin, 45, Cranford
– Gilbert Seidel, 45, Hawthorne
– Joseph Robibero, 30, Vernon
– John Prevete, 44, Bloomingdale
– Wilman Rangel Mejia, 44, Paterson
– Louis Beyer, 39, Butler
Any charged with possession of child pornography is looking at a 4th degree felony. Any of them charged with distribution is looked at a 2nd degree felony. Some attorneys have reported problems dealing with the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office on these cases, but I’ve done quite well. The Assistant Prosecutors I’ve dealt with have been fair and professional, but maybe that’s just me.
Story is here.